Where will agriculture take you?

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Top 10 Moments of Freshman Year

“The here and now is all we have, and if we play it right it's all we'll need.” ~Ann Richards

Freshman year was filled with many moments. Some were once-in-a-lifetime, some were difficult lessons to learn and all were filled with friendship, new experiences and priceless memories. 

Above all, my first year of college was a YOLO experience. You Only Live Once. College made me realize I am only guaranteed life in the present. Because who really knows what the future will hold?  You can plan and hope but in the end it takes luck and perseverance to achieve what you want in life. 

Hopefully I will play it right and will end up both happy and successful with a fulfilled life. If freshman year was any indication to my future at Mizzou then I am beyond excited to see what sophomore year has in store. Here's my "top 10" of freshman year:

1. Being selected to attend I-CAL in Southeast Asia and visiting Vietnam, Malaysia and Singapore.

2. Meeting the friends of a lifetime

3. Studying abroad in Costa Rica during Winter Intersession. 

4. Going on a road trip to South Carolina, Myrtle Beach for Spring Break.

5. Attending Mizzou's 100th Homecoming. 


6. Celebrating my 19th birthday with my best friends. 

7. Going to Lubbock, Texas for the National Agricultural Communicators of Tomorrow Professional Development Conference. 

8. Attending the AFA Conference (which led to my summer internship!)

9. Having my best friend (and family!) visit me for MU's family weekend.

10. Being elected to serve on the CAFRN Student Council where I can volunteer and work with fellow agriculture students. 








No comments:

Post a Comment