Where will agriculture take you?

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Move In Day: First House

"Life isn't a matter of milestones, but of moments," ~Rose Kennedy 

We were jumping up and down, giggling and yelling like five year olds at a slumber party. Kaitlin Flick and I were overjoyed because of the item in our hands. We were holding the key to our new home!

Nearly a year ago we had met in our dorm bathroom and became fast friends with our fellow Schurz Hall residents, Sophie and Amanda. None of us had known each other before we arrived at Mizzou. Together, we shared many moments of freshman year. Soon, we realized we would make a great roommates too. So we took a house tour, signed some contracts and before long we were lessees in "Snowy," the predominant agriculture neighbored in our college town. 

After signing housing contracts in December, moving day came quickly in August. Kaitlin and I moved in one weekend and Amanda and Sophie soon followed. Soon we will be decorating our humble abode and stretching our college budget! 

It is only fitting that we begin sophomore year at one another's side. All four of us are leaving freshman year and community living behind to move into a house! 

Becoming a first time homeowner with my best friends was most certainly a great moment in my life.


Boxes, boxes, boxes! It seems like  my life has been in storage since I moved out of my dorm. Now I can finally unpack into a permanent house. (Note the coffee container on my boxes... I was already needing caffeine!)

Kaitlin was pretty excited about her kitchen supplies! 

My room... can't wait to decorate! 

Half of our house roommates! Sophie and Amanda will move in next weekend. I am so excited to live with my best friends for sophomore year in our first house.


No comments:

Post a Comment