Where will agriculture take you?

Saturday, August 4, 2012

County Fair Time

Since I joined 4-H at the age of eight, I have shown livestock. This was my first summer where the "real world" meant having a full time job working in the city. I was not able to show my cattle this year but I did make it back for our annual Daviess County Fair to watch my younger brother and neighbor, Maddie, show their cattle. 

I was a very proud 4-H alumni of the two of them! I know the two will have outstanding FFA careers as well. In today's agriculture sector it reassuring to know we have such great future leaders. Maddie and Dane took home several blue ribbons and did excellent in the championship drive. It was wonderful to be back in Gallatin for the weekend and watch a cattle show!

Maddie and I after she finished showing. She's my showing buddy!

Dane and his the Crossbred Angus class. 

This one may not make the Brammer family Christmas card, but Dane and I show a little brother/sisterly love here! 


Trent and I after a hard day of washing and preparing cattle for the show! 

No comments:

Post a Comment