Where will agriculture take you?

Thursday, August 30, 2012

National ACT Vice President

When I was in high school I remember getting frustrated at myself when I fell short of a goal. Goals were- and still are- important to me. When I form a goal I am determined to make it a reality. That's the difference between dreams and goals. Dreams are the little thoughts we hold secretly on the inside while goals are meant to be promoted and shared with the world. At AMS, I was proud to see one of my collegiate goals come to life.

I was elected by my fellow ACT members to serve the National Officer team as First Vice President. I, along with four officers, will represent our membership in the coming year. As First Vice President, my duties include planning the annual Critique and Contest, a competition for members to submit their agriculture journalism projects. There are categories for anything from photography to multimedia projects. I will also help coordinate future ACT events such as this year's PDC in Fayetteville, Arkansas, and AMS in Buffalo, New York. I look forward to working with my officer team and meeting more outstanding ACT members! 

In the end, my parents were right; hard work pays off. It has taken a few years, some set backs and moments of triumph, but I think I am finally starting to believe them. Life is full of opportunities. If I have learned anything along my journey in life so far it is to not fear risks. If you truly want something, go after it 100 percent. Never let anything keep you from reaching the prize. 

The 2012-2013 National Agricultural Communicators of Tomorrow officer team.

University of Missouri Ag Media Summit delegates. I had a wonderful time with Kari and Courtney!

I met Jennifer Ray at the ACT Professional Development Conference last winter in Texas. It was great to see her again and I am so excited to serve on the officer team with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment