Where will agriculture take you?

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Collegiate Ag Ambassador Training

This year I am fortunate to be one of 20 individuals who are a part of the National Collegiate Agriculture Ambassador team. This program is through the National FFA Organization and is made up of  college students from across the nation. Our mission is to spread agriculture knowledge through presentations we conduct throughout the year. We speak to a broad range of audiences including civic organizations, high schoolers, elementary students and community clubs. 

In the coming year I will facilitate 30 hours of workshops and presentations. My personal goal is to impact elementary and high school organizations. I believe it is vital to teach younger generations about the agriculture sector. I will present on topics regarding the dairy industry, pollination, GMOs, world food production, agriculture advocacy and industry trends. I feel as though my position as an Ambassador will allow me to give back to the industry and truly make a difference.

I have experience in public speaking and presentations but at Ambassador training I learned how to refine my skills to become an more effective facilitator. At training our team had the opportunity to get to know one another. Ambassadors originated from Oregon to Delaware. I was the lone Show Me State representative. Another great aspect about training was getting to bond with my team. Most of us were former 4-H and FFA members and we were agriculture majors. We had a lot in common and felt like a family by the end of the week. 

My fellow Ambassadors and I were very enthusiastic about our new Ipads! Thank you to FFA for our amazing technology! 

No comments:

Post a Comment