Where will agriculture take you?

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Adventures in Albuquerque


Albuquerque or "ABQ" as many of my fellow tourists say, (the whole name is a mouthful!) is a city fully of vibrant colors, historical sights and rich culture. I had the opportunity to explore the sights and scenes of ABQ before my conference internship began. I always like to book an early flight for my first visit to a new city. This allows me to explore the city a bit and engage in full out tourist mode (minus the fanny pack... I have to draw a line somewhere!) Although when I am going through security at 6am I usually second guess my decision of a red eye flight.


Welcome to the Old Town district, filled with gift shops of authentic Native American artwork.

The buildings all have a great "wild-west" vibe!

 Shop keepers display their wares on storefronts and alongside the cobblestone walkways. 

I always seem to capture a picture of this flower. I have seen it in Florida, California and South Carolina. I even drew a picture of it for my high school art class (which is now framed in my bedroom.) But what is it...?

I felt like this was a scene straight out of a western movie!


I have a slight obsession with pretty flowers!



I love these colors!
New Mexico state pride!

               Amazing steeples at a local church.

Always throw a penny in a fountain for good luck!
                                                                                               Chili peppers anyone? 

Vines grew alongside many of the buildings.

Hearts can often be found in unexpected places. 

A Native American performance.

A former basket shop has been renovated and now sells souvenirs!

Colorful downtown. 

Turquoise, Indian pottery, hand woven blankets and flowers were on nearly every street corner. The southwestern atmosphere was certainly charming!

No comments:

Post a Comment