Where will agriculture take you?

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Layovers

When I ask people why they dislike travel, I usually receive responses such as:

"It's inconvenient."
"Security is a pain."
"My flight never arrives on time."

Well, I happen to think traveling is exciting, invigorating, inspirational and an adventure! But I have also had relatively smooth travels. I have never had a problem with the TSA, missed a flight and or lost my luggage.  

However, I always seem to get incredibly long layovers. When I arrived in North Carolina I was at the Greensboro Airport for three hours for a 30 minute flight to Charlotte. Basically, I had to wait the duration of my flight from Missouri to North Carolina for a short flight within North Carolina. 

But, have no fear! There's always emails to catch up on, phone calls to make, post cards to write and to-do lists to compose while you are waiting in an airport. Do not let unexpected down time get in the way of your travel joys! You can always start up a conversation with a stranger, you never know who you could meet. 

I can now say I have read my book during a layover in a rocking chair! More reasons to love the south.  

No comments:

Post a Comment