Where will agriculture take you?

Monday, June 25, 2012

Internship Update

To sum up my summer internship would be to say that it is one of the best experiences I have ever had. Interning at Agriculture Future of America as the summer communications and marketing intern has been a major learning experience. I feel as though I have enhanced my journalism, public relations and overall writing abilities this summer.

I am also very excited about the projects I have been working on. Already, the InterNetworKC kick off dinner has been held. I was in charge of coordinating the evening where 35 agriculture interns in the Kansas City area got together for a night of networking and fun. From invitations to name tags and booking caterers, I got to experience the life of event planning. It was very enjoyable!

The summer is flying by and I have many other projects yet to complete. This internship is allowing me to experience in a multitude of agriculture communication areas.

My desk at the office! Yes, my sticky note addiction is very evident. It was another busy and exciting week at AFA

Here I am at AFA's annual InterNetworKC event. I had the pleasure of coordinating the dinner held at the American Royal. Area agriculture interns were invited for a night of networking hosted by AFA.

It was great to see both new and old faces at InterNetworKC. After dinner, Lydia Manson, who is a fellow CAFNR student, and Ana, a new friend, and I attended the Hunter Hayes concert at the Power & Light District. By coincidence, Ana and I also had several mutual friends as I know many students at Iowa State University, where she attends college.

No comments:

Post a Comment