Where will agriculture take you?

Friday, June 1, 2012

Eating Out in Vietnam!

James Beard is credited for stating, "Food is our common ground, a universal experience." 

While traveling abroad I would have to agree with this statement. I may be immersed in a culture different than my own, but I know I will always have similarities with individuals through food. There will be dishes I love and some I will reject a second helping of. Some will be new and others familiar. Cuisine options in Asia varied from American chain restaurants to traditional dishes enjoyed by locals. 

Fresh shrimp delight. 

Oyster and mushroom omelet with vegetable soup. 

Chicken special  (one of many I was served!) 

I still have yet to figure out what this broth was. 

More vegetables! 

Pork wontons with carrot garnish. 

Freshly squeezed lime juice. It was comparable to a Limeaide but more sour! 
Yes, this is a whole fish! The waitress hand cut and served it to us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment