Where will agriculture take you?

Saturday, June 9, 2012

First day as an intern!

Monday morning I passed a major milestone in my life by beginning my first professional job. This summer I was hired to work as the communications and marketing intern for Agriculture Future of America. Working from 8-5 a.m., business attire and living in Kansas City will be a major change from past summers. But I could not be more excited! 

AFA has opened numerous doors to me. I was selected to attend the organization's annual leaders conference last fall. It was there that I learned about I-CAL, the AFA internship program, the AFA Animal Health Corridor and numerous other opportunities. I would encourage any collegiate agriculturist to become involved with AFA and to apply for there scholarship program and conference. 

Many of my friends are pursuing jobs, internships, international experiences or taking additional courses this summer. These next few months will bring new experiences and knowledge to many. For now this Traveling Aggie will driving to work every morning to work for a profound agriculture organization. Hello Kansas City! 

Headed to the AFA office bright and early! 


No comments:

Post a Comment