Where will agriculture take you?

Friday, January 13, 2012

Surf's Up!

Ready to catch some waves!

My hands gripped the surfboard as I padded through the ocean. Waves crashed on every side of me and I focused on staying balanced. Suddenly, a monstrous wave was directly in front of me and I knew I was ready to tackle it. Okay well, the wave was not “monstrous” but for a first time surfer I thought it was pretty big!

Surfing is another new experience I have had in Costa Rica. I have always loved the beach and have jet skied, boogie boarded, body surfed and snorkeled in the ocean but have never surfed. Our entire group had lessons from a local Tico, Eladio. With his teaching I was able to ride several waves and make it to my knees. But, fully standing up was another matter. It takes a lot of balance!

No matter what your experience level might be, always take the time to try something new. As the saying goes, “you’re never too old to try something new.” So grab some confidence and catch a wave.  


No comments:

Post a Comment