Where will agriculture take you?

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Spring Break Road Trip

To quote Clark Griswald's on National Lampoon's Vacation, "Despite all the little problems it's fun isn't it?" To which his wife, Ellen, replies "No. But with every new day there's fresh hope."

Road trips always have the potential to be interesting. As the Clark family discovered, anything that can go wrong will. Luckily, this year's 12 hour spring break road trip to Orange Beach, Alabama was a success. We did not even get lost!

Two trunks filled with luggage, seven girls and a GPS were bound for a week on Gulf Shores. I was the lone Mizzou girl this year, as Northwest Missouri State University's spring break coordinated with MU's and I decided to visit with friends from there. We spent a week on the beach away from the stress of academics.

The end of March signifies a break from long hours in Ellis Library, time away from collegiate commitments and the welcoming warmth of the beach. I spent break reading through a stack of historical fiction novels about England, as usual.

Our group enjoyed dinner at a delightful eatery, the Hangout, which was delicious! We spent several nights at Florabama a local attraction located directly on the state line. The local tourist shops offered plenty of opportunities to souvenir hunt before an afternoon on the beach.

The drive to Orange Beach took us directly through the Missouri boot heel and the entire state of Mississippi. This was my first time visiting Alabama. I must say, every time I visit the south I become more convinced that I should have been a southern bell!

Starting off the 2013 Spring Break road trip in Columbia!

"Sweet Home Alabama" with my dear friend Sydney Lawerence.

No comments:

Post a Comment