Where will agriculture take you?

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Adventures in Alabama

"Our memories of the ocean will linger on long after our footprints in the sand are gone."~Anonymous

Spring Break 2013 brought many memories and I am blessed to have went with both new and old friends. Sarah Fuson and I began our friendship by meeting on a 4-H Equine Tour bus in junior high. We discovered our home towns were only 40 minutes apart and that we both shared an undying passion for horses.  Since then we have shown horses at the same fairs visited our other dear friend, Sonja Perry, who happens to live across the state, and made may memories in high school and college. 

Sydney Lawrence and I have a similar story, our friendship began in FFA. We attend the Washington Leadership Conference in D.C. and Missouri Girls State together. Senior year of high school she also claims I "saved her life" during an FFA competition where she was in need of extra resume copies. However, it was nothing as I know she would assist me in any situation as well! Since then we have attended concerts and conferences together. We were both just selected to serve as Agriculture Future of America campus ambassadors together. I cannot wait to start this next adventure in our friendship. 

This year's group also included wonderful ladies like Allison Liebhart. Skylar and Haylee Olberding (twins!) I am simply continually amazed about how we are all connected and that how often, we find lifelong friends no matter where we venture. It's true, the memories do linger... always. 

Traditional writing my name in the sand moment! 

Whitney Walters, Sarah Fuson and I standing in front of a gorgeous beach home! 

The shore line which we took morning and evening strolls on. 

We visited a state park to see local bird species. 

Fed by local fishermen, the birds are very tame!

The girls and I are ready for a night out at Florabama!

Our whole group on the boardwalk! 

Sydney and I have known each other since our days in FFA, she's one of my best friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment