Where will agriculture take you?

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Chapel in the Woods

No trip with agricultural journalists is complete without an impromptu photo shoot! On our way back to Missouri my fellow ACT members and I stopped at the Chapel in the Woods.  Thorncrown Chapel has been called an "architectural marvel" by many visitors and  is one of the most breathtaking sights I have seen. Thorncrown is a glass chapel nestled in the Ozarks of Arkansas and I first visited it when I was in elementary school on a family vacation. 

While I was young, I remember being in awe of the beautiful building that let in brilliant sunlight and seemed to be one with nature. The glass walls are surrounded by the green forrest and make you feel as though you can reach out and touch the endless leaves. Now that I am older, I appreciate the message behind the chapel construction.  Thorncrown was Jim Reed's creation as a welcoming place for Ozark visitors and to honor his wife. If you are in Arkansas be sure to stop by the Chapel in the Woods because it is a sight you will not soon forget. And be sure to pack your camera! 


 









1 comment:

  1. This isn't Thorncrown chapel. This is Mildred B. Cooper Memorial Chapel in Bella Vista, Arkansas. Here's Thorncrown's website: http://www.thorncrown.com/

    ReplyDelete