Where will agriculture take you?

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Orange Beach

Life's just better at the beach. The sound of children laughing, elderly couples holding hands walking along the shore, families making memories building sandcastles... Being at the beach is a beautiful time to be young or to feel so again. 

The Gulf Shores did not disappoint. No one from our group had been here before (going somewhere new is always a plus!) and many of us had heard of the south's delights. The gently rolling waves and white sand beaches were straight out of a tourism brochure. 

Our condo was also a sheer delight. Each year I somehow end up the "head honcho" for planning the spring break adventure. Which, I do not mind as it is pretty much in my nature to be the planner. After many hours of internet searches and at least a dozen phone calls I narrow down the most optimum condos. (Location and price are always key... hey we are on a college budget!) 

Already, next year's location is on my mind. Florida has been mentioned, so it may be a toss up between Destine and Clear Water. However, going on a cruise has been a long awaited item on my bucket list. So, the Bahamas may call my name. One of my best friends, Mallory Tramell has promised me to grace the trip with her presence next year. As it will be our last official spring break ever- one of the downfalls of graduating early- we want to make the most of it! Above all we will be off to somewhere warm, as we all know I am a beach girl!
Enjoying a lounge on the beach- Only a $25 daily rental fee!

An early morning beach walk collecting sea shells. 

Walking to the peer with Whitney and Sarah. 

Fishing time. 

Enjoying the view from our 9th floor condo. 

I loved waking up to this view daily! 

No comments:

Post a Comment