Where will agriculture take you?

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Missouri Beef Queen

2012 Missouri Beef Queen candidates 

2012 was a year of many "firsts" for me, which included being a contestant in a pageant! I represented the Quad County Cattlemen's Association at the annual Missouri Beef Queen competition. The pageant was held at the Holiday Inn in Columbia, Mo and consisted of a speech and interview regarding the beef industry. I spoke about my family's cattle operation and background showing cattle. I also enjoyed meeting fellow Beef Queen candidates and learning about their experiences with cattle! 

I began showing Angus cattle as a young 4-Her. When I reached high school, cattle were a part of my FFA project of diversified livestock. I continued to show and raise cattle until I began my collegiate studies. Missouri cattle producers have personally supported me by aiding me in achieving my educational goals. I received academic scholarships from both the Missouri Cattlemen's and Quad County Cattlemen's organizations in high school. Since then, I have been a two-year Missouri Cattlemen's Association member. I encourage every young woman to take part in a pageant competition, it was a wonderful experience! Anytime you have an opportunity to give a speech and talk about something you love, such as cattle, then grab that chance. 

~And remember, support Missouri cattlemen... eat beef! 

Representing Quad County Cattlemen's at the
2012 Missouri Beef Queen competition. 

My mother, Kim Brammer, came to support me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment