Where will agriculture take you?

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Mexico Markets

If I could describe Mexico in one word it would be "colorful." The country is filled with goods in every shade and the people themselves have bright personalities. Walking through the marketplace of Progresso was an exciting time! You could feel the energy and excitement of commerce exchange in the air. 

I bargained with shop keepers over jewelry, found a cute knock-off purse and sampled some Mexican sweets, candied pecans. The market barter system reminded me of my time in Vietnam. My grandfather was a self-proclaimed expert bargainer, and I credit him for saving me a few pesos on souvenirs. I always purchase postcards to send back to friends and relatives, because what is a trip worth if you cannot share the moments with loved ones? 

Mexican dolls constructed from crepe paper. 

Fish wind chimes. 

Bright foliage! 

BOWS! 

A man sells his giant hand-wovan baskets on the streets. 

Brilliant pottery (I am a sucker for ceramics!) 

Fiesta time? 

These figurens make adorable desk decorations. I would know! 


I loved all of the bling jewelry! 

Woven purses made from recycled wrappers. 

Hungry from a day of shopping at the market?
Try some fresh cactus. It was a popular snack! 











No comments:

Post a Comment