Where will agriculture take you?

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

South Padre Island Vacation

My grandparents winter to south Texas every year and this year they invited me to visit their home away from home. I got the grand tour of south Texas! (And a chance to escape a week of Missouri winter, which are usually filled with snow and cold.) During the visit, my favorite day was spent at South Padre Island. This beach has been on my "to visit list" so it was great to finally  walk along the shore and dip my feet in the ocean. I collected sea shells, took photographs and immersed myself in the salt and sand!  

Touring lighthouses in downtown South Padre. 

Now you don't see these signs everyday in Missouri! 


Crossing the causway to reach the island.  It was quite foggy in the morning! 

"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore." 
~Andre Gide 

My heart belongs to the midwest but my toes belong in the sand. 

Getting friendly with the local pelicans! 

No comments:

Post a Comment