Where will agriculture take you?

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Farm Bureau Ambassador Contest

"The American farmer is of a resilient breed.  As notable Missourian Mark Twain stated, 'Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear not absence of fear.' We have seen hardships, and will continue to face challenges. With support from organizations like the Missouri Farm Bureau there is hope in sight." 
~Portion of my 2012 Missouri Farm Bureau Ambassador competition speech
 
 I had the honor of representing Daviess County Farm Bureau at the Missouri Farm Bureau Ambassador Contest. I received runner-up against 18 other women vying for the title. I was presented with an academic scholarship by my best friend, and 2012 Ambassador, Sonja Perry.

The Missouri Farm Bureau Annual Meeting was held in Tan-Tar-A. I spent the weekend at the Lake of the Ozarks where I competed with an oral interview and five minute speech for the title of Missouri Farm Bureau Ambassador. I was selected as a top three finalist and gave my speech, "Agriculture, a Great Career Choice," at the final banquet.

I appreciate my academic scholarship and am proud to be a part of Missouri agriculture. Being surrounded by such passionate young agriculturists at the Annual Meeting reaffirm to me the vital role my generation will play in this industry.

Receiving a Farm Bureau academic scholarship
from 2012 Ambassador, Sonja Perry. 
My great friends and fellow contestants
Megan Couch and Kaitlin Flick. 
I was named runner-up in the
Missouri Farm Bureau Ambassador
Contest out of 18 applicants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment