Where will agriculture take you?

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Off to MEXICO!

Over winter beak I officially visited my fifth country. To date I have been to Costa Rica, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore and now, Mexico. (FYI if you count sitting in airports as being in a country then you are such a cheater!) Most college students opt to visit Mexico on spring break but my grandparents presented me an opportunity to visit Mexico that I grabbed! If there is one thing I have learned in life is that you never know when you will use your passport. Keep that document handy! Canada is next on my North American country tour list. Hopefully I can go salmon fishing like my dad did or for some international pancake conference... a girl can hope? (I am also still saving my pennies for my dream vacation to Europe!) While with my grandparents, we visited several border towns and enjoyed the markets, cuisine and atmosphere of Mexico. I even got to check off a bucket list item, "eating authentic mexican food in Mexico." After wintering to south Texas for a decade grandparents are experts in the area. They helped me with my bargaining skills, showed me the ropes and tour hot-spots. I attempted to try out my Spanish skills but am afraid I only confused locals. However, I am sure my high school Spanish teacher would have appreciated my efforts. (I think I got a smile or two out of my verb usage.) Mexico offered an abundance of new adventures and shopping opportunities. And, it was warm. Visiting border towns and markets was by far more culturally awakening than any spring break!

At the Progresso border with my grandparents. 

Standing on the boarder line between the U.S. and Mexico! 

"Earth laughs in flowers." ~Emerson 

Passport and U.S. currency in hand, we headed into Mexico!

The infamous border fence. 

The Mexican landscape. 

No comments:

Post a Comment