Where will agriculture take you?

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Student Council Fall Social


2012-2013 College of Agriculture Food & Natural Resources
Student Council Officer Team

This year, I had the privilege of serving the College of Agriculture, Foods and Natural Resources as Student Council Reporter. I was elected as the science and agricultural journalism department representative and reported Council activities back to my fellow students. Being a part of Council allowed me to meet CAFNR students from all majors and grade levels. I formed strong friendships with the membership and my fellow officers.

During my time on Council I have participated in community service events like Spring Swing, Adopt A Highway and Adopt A Family. Community service is an endeavor dear to my heart, so I appreciated the opportunity to take part in causes. We also held recruitment events such as Fall Roundup for incoming freshman and events for the entire college like Fall Social. A personal highlight for me was that an organization we received second place in our Homecoming division. We constructed a float (spending many hours painting our hearts out!) decorated our district and partook in the homecoming day of service.

CAFNR Student Council strives to build bonds between leaders within the college and to get all students involved. From designing t-shirts to planning socials, this year has been filled with opportunities. I will be running for re-election tonight... wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment