Where will agriculture take you?

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Visit from Oregon

"Your friends will know you better in the first minute they meet you than your acquaintances will know you in a thousand years." ~Richard Bach

I got to give Kylah Reynolds, a dear friend from Oregon State, a tour of campus!

I met Kylah Reynolds this summer at National Collegiate Agriculture Ambassador training. Immediately, we had something in common; we had both never been to each others home states! Kylah hails from Oregon and from the pictures she has showed me of her beautiful state, it has made the top of my vacation destinations list. 

We serve on the Ag Ambassador team together and through great fate, she also got to visit Missouri. Kylah is part of a leadership program at Oregon State University that is similar to the Litton Leadership Scholars at MU. Our professors arranged for the classes to meet at with one another before the AFA Leaders Conference. 

The scholar groups met at the infamous Shakespeare's pizzeria in Columbia. We shared reviews on leadership books and mingled with one another. The next day I got to help give the Oregon students a tour of MU. I was excited that Kylah could finally visit my state and see the historic MU columns for herself! 




No comments:

Post a Comment