Where will agriculture take you?

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Election Spirit

I was excited to be able to cast my vote for the first time in the 2012 presidential election. I hope everyone took time out of their day to exercise this civic right. Our soldiers are overseas protecting our civil liberties and there are individuals in countries across the globe fighting for such a privilege. 

I then preceded to stay up until a late hour to receive the election results and listen to President Barack Obama's acceptance speech. Missouri had several prominent elections taking place as well. By interning for one of the political parties, it was great to take an even larger roll in the political process. Overall, I enjoyed my first time to take part in American democracy. I look forward to the next Boone County election, because voting is essential in all polls, not just one that takes place every four years. 

Proudly wearing my "I Voted" sticker on November 6th

No comments:

Post a Comment