Where will agriculture take you?

Sunday, October 7, 2012

National ACT Officer Retreat

 For my duties as the national Agricultural Communicators of Tomorrow first vice president, I traveled to Oklahoma this weekend. I spent two days with the national officer team at our headquarters in Stillwater, Ok at Oklahoma State University. The five of us are close friends despite the fact that we attend colleges across the country. Two officers are from Texas, one from California and one Oklahoma representative. (I am the loan Missourian!) Our advisor is on faculty at OSU, thus our meeting was held in the pan handle state. We discussed organizational aspects for the impending year which included events, sponsorships and meetings.

The next time the officer team will meet will be at the ACT Professional Development Conference at the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville, Ak. The team holds monthly conference calls and we interact through social media but it can be difficult to see one another other than at ACT events. Several of my teammates and I knew each other before we were elected.

It is so great to be part of such a wonderful national agricultural leadership opportunity. I look forward to the impending year and the opportunities I will be presented as a national ACT officer in order to enhance membership and better our organization.

Second vice president Jennifer Ray and I flew in early our first afternoon to take a walking tour of the OSU campus. 

The OSU library (fun fact, I know an ACT member who has proposed to his fiancée at the top of this bell tower!) 

Taking a break from business meetings to eat at one of my favorite restaurants, Eskimo Joe's. 

The ACT National Officer Team thinks agricultural communications is #1! 

Before we departed back to our respective universities, we had to showcase our new Eskimo Joe's attire. 

No comments:

Post a Comment