Where will agriculture take you?

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Missouri 4-H Foundation

As an eight year old, I had a passion for agriculture and public speaking. Thus, joining my local 4-H club was the perfect fit for my interests. Today, as a 19 year old, I have spent more than half of my life in this wonderful organization. As many 4-H alumni would say, I "bleed green." 

4-H has taught me that I do not just "pledge my head to clearer thinking," or "heart to greater loyalty," I act upon the actions stated by our pledge. The organization is about doing and doing well. When I think clearly I am considering all aspects of my future and endeavors that promote my abilities. I am loyal to the industry of agriculture and am committed to my future. I credit 4-H for developing me into the individual I am today. It has enhanced my skill sets on subjects from flower arranging to cattle showing and allowed me to meet some of my best friends on once in a lifetime agriculture experience trips. 

As a Knee-Hi 4-H member of Daviess County, my membership set the stage to leadership roles at the local and state level. I served two terms as club president. Now, I am a member of Collegiate 4-H and have been honored as a two time Missouri 4-H Scholarship recipient. I am so proud that the Missouri 
4-H Foundation has invested in me. I hope to one day be able to give back to 4-H as a club project leader and active alumni. 
Receiving the Williamson 4-H Scholarship was a tremendous honor. 

I am so proud to be a member of Collegiate 4-H!

No comments:

Post a Comment