Where will agriculture take you?

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Count Down

It is hard to believe, but in one month I will be nearly a world away in Asia! I have a countdown on my memo board in my dorm room and my calendar is filled with dates about the trip. I have completed conference calls and received numerous emails which has further increased my anticipation.

However, my one month observation of the trip was celebrated with vaccines. Going overseas requires many things; a passport, sometimes Visas and usually... shots. Luckily, chances of me getting a tropical virus are now very slim.

Shots are a small price to pay for getting the opportunity to go overseas. I am so thankful to be having this experience through the National FFA Organization. FFA has substantially shaped my life and I am glad my involvement has been able to extend beyond high school and to over seas.

I am going to be seeing a part of the world I never thought I would have the opportunity to visit. Most of what I had previously known about these countries had been through history textbooks. These were far-distant lands whose names were associated with past world conflicts. I really do not know what to expect. I always approach every trip with an open mind.

I know I will meet inspiring agriculturists and gain a greater understanding of the international agriculture system. Through innovative tours and first-hand experience, I am sure I will take away invaluable information from the trip. I may have to repack my suitcase several times, spend a lot of time in airports and will probably be lost in the language for awhile, but I understand that is just part of the learning experience. In fact, it is part of being a traveler. This is a learning experience that I cannot wait for!

In a month, look for blog updates from Malaysia, Singapore and Vietnam! MU has also been an avid supporter of my trip through the university's recent article highlighting I-CAL:

http://cafnrnews.com/2012/04/breanne-brammer-selected-into-i-cal-program/



No comments:

Post a Comment