Where will agriculture take you?

Monday, March 12, 2012

Where's Your Destination?

Traveling and life have one major factor in common: they are both all about goals. My senior year, I was sitting in a conference at the National 4-H Congress in Atlanta, Georgia. A speaker there left a profound impact on my traveling perspectives. She said, "Travel while you are young, don't you ever put it off. Because you just might miss your life's adventures." Since then, I have followed her advice, and formed a travel bucket list. I may not reach every destination on my list, but it will be the journey though life and the lessons that I learn that will have the greatest impact.
Here I am my junior year of high school. I was about to travel to one of my favorite destinations, Washington D.C. No matter where you visit, a beach, mountain or city there is always something special about the region. Our nation's capital is filled with rich history, and I could spend hours in the Smithsonian and Newseum. 

One of my travel goals is to visit the 50 states all U.S. territories by my 50th birthday. So far, I have visited 24. Hawaii has been my favorite state- so far! Thanks to family vacations and the 4-H Equine Tours, I have covered the midwest extensively. 

I am very excited to one day see the New England region of our country. I have always enjoyed reading about the history of the East coast. I am very interested in visiting the Salem witch trials, Civil War battle fields and of course, Hershey, Pennsylvania. 

No comments:

Post a Comment