Where will agriculture take you?

Saturday, May 19, 2012

San Francisco

At 10 a.m. I had landed in San Francisco. I had traveled to California before, but this was my first time in the Bay Area. When I arrived to my hotel I immediately booked a day tour of the city. I boarded a double decker red tourist bus and soon was out and about in the city!

I was in San Francisco for weekend training for the International Collegiate Agriculture program. Myself and the other delegates assembled here to make introductory presentations and learn more about our impending trip overseas. 

But before we got down to work, I had sights to see! The "Hop on Hop Off" bus tour was led by a fabulous tour guide who took us to many of the famous San Francisco districts. This included China Town, the Victorians, "high end" shopping and piers.  

The highlight of my day was visiting the Golden Gate Bridge. This historic monument has been the backdrop of many Hollywood films and I have always wanted to cross it. Our tour guide had many stories about the bridge and other monuments. In all, the tour was filled with information, history and facts. It was a wonderful day across the bridge! 

Most children of the 90's will recognize this neighborhood. The yellow house in the middle of the Victorian District is where the famous sitcom Full House was filmed! 

The Golden Gate Bridge! Crossing this bridge was an item on my bucket list. I took many pictures of the moment but this was my favorite!

That "statue" was actually a man! 

No comments:

Post a Comment