Where will agriculture take you?

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Agriculture Media Summit

This year the Agricultural Media Summit was an extra special event for me because I had the honor of serving as a national officer in the Agricultural Communicators of Tomorrow. I was elected as first vice president in which I coordinated the national Critique & Contest. The communications competition allows ACT members to submit their projects in five categories ranging from broadcast media to public relations. Top winners are awarded cash prizes and all entries receive feedback from industry professionals. Coordinating this contest took some serious organizational skills on my part during spring semester. (My garage was literally covered with entries! I am so thankful for my great roomies who were understanding.) 

After one awards ceremony and more than 500 entries, Critique & Contest was finished! During AMS I attended workshops specifically for agricultural journalists, networked with peers and industry members from across the country and explored Buffalo in my free time. The Mizzou ACT Chapter was represented by four delegates and received three scholarship awards and placed second in the national Yamaha Chapter Award. As vice president of the Mizzou ACT Club I was very proud of our membership! AMS marks the beginning of another great year for agricultural communications and I look forward to returning to University of Missouri to continue my education in this field. And, fall semester would not be complete without the annual agricultural journalism department picnic! 

The Mizzou ACT Chapter was awarded second place in the national Yamaha Chapter Award for our ATV safety campaign. Courtney Leeper, Kari Weis, myself and Maggie Hardwick (not pictured) completed the project which included a Facebook page, safety guide and t-shirt design promoting ATV safety habits. The Yamaha scholarship helped us attend AMS! 

The 2012-2013 ACT Officer team dresses "Gatsby style" for the infamous AMS welcome party!

Flapper attack! It is amazing how you can meet students from across the U.S. at conferences. California, Missouri, Kansas and Ohio are represented above. 

Megan and I represent Mizzou ACT at the pool party!

7 comments:

  1. The agricultural media summit is good for art lovers and its always very beneficial for agricultural students.cheap parking at Luton airport

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, what should one do, in order to attend such events? luton valet parking

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations for having such a great event.

    gatwick meet and greet

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally inspired. Do you travel for these kind summits on regular basis?
    Valet Parking Heathrow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agricultural Media Summit is really good for the development of agricultural industry. Airport Parking Luton

    ReplyDelete